i needed this
FUCKING FINALLY THE ACRONYM IS “GRAPHICAL INTERCHANGE FORMAT” NOT “JRAPHICAL INTERCHANGE FORMAT”
Oddly enough, the proper pronunciation has always bothered me. When a g is followed by an e or an i, like gem or giraffe, the sound is soft, not hard as in gaff or go or gum.
We love all 100,000+ of you! Free stuff!
The giveaway is ON.
This Tumblr surpassed 100,000 followers over the weekend. I love each of you.
I’m not going to list what I have here for your taking because surprises are fun.
I’ll be sending out TWO different prize packs of various DVDs and some assorted swag. The nice folks at BBC America sent me A LOT of cool stuff to include (you should follow them). Whovians take note.
Just know it’s TV stuff. So if you love TV, you should enter.
I’ll pick two random Tumblr users. You have to be following HuffPost TV on Tumblr and reblog the post. Please have your ASKS turned on.
EDIT: Unfortunately this contest is only open to the United States.
HOW TO ENTER
Reblog this post by 12 p.m. EST on TUESDAY, JANUARY 8 and fill in the blank below. Be sure to keep the full statement in the post.:
“I love TV more than ___________. Be sure to visit HuffPost TV for the latest and greatest in TV news, features, recaps and more.”
Thanks for following and good luck!
“I love TV more than breathing - because sometimes a show has a moment that catches your breath. Be sure to visit HuffPost TV for the latest and greatest in TV news, features, recaps and more.”
Best thing to grace my tumblr.
MY FAVOURITE SCENE OF ALL MOVIES OF ALL TIME.
Screenplay: Aaron Sorkin
Director: David Fincher
Producers: JJ Abrams & Steven Moffat
Musical Score: Trent Reznor & Michael Giacchino
Synopsis: The year is 2012, and the Internet has been prosperous for over twenty years. It is the information age, and millions use the Internet as a resource for news, communication, and entertainment. However, there is a more sinister side: that of piracy, and sharing files that could - arguably - infringe on copyright agreements. After years of watching from the shadows, the United States government begins forging legislation that will forever change (if passed) the internet and the way we use it. As the attacks on the Internet begin, the government finds that it has opposition: both grassroots in terms of ordinary citizens and the worldwide community, but also in that of internet activist group Anonymous. As the threats from both groups escalate, and legal teams, senators, congressmen and other organizations choose sides, it quickly becomes apparent that the quest to save the internet may very well save your soul.
ANONYMOUS: Jesse Eisenberg | Morgan Freeman | Jennifer Lawrence | Colin Firth,
Rachel McAdams | Benedict Cumberbatch | John Cho | Andrew Scott | Daniel Craig
(because ANON can be ANYONE)
FBI: Christian Bale | Mark Walhberg | Alec Baldwin | Denzel Washington | Jeremy Renner
Legal Interns: Rooney Mara | Emile Hirsch | Carey Mulligan | Jonah Hill | Chris Evans
US Gov’t Lawyers: Rashida Jones | Julianne Moore | Cary Elwes | Robert Downey Jr.
Journalists: Kenneth Branagh | Tom Hiddleston | Kate Winslet |
Leo DiCaprio | Martin Freeman | Zoe Saldana
Senators/Congressmen: Jon Voight | Viggo Mortensen | Billy Bob Thorton
Anthony Hopkins | Richard Jenkins | Meryl Streep | Josh Brolin
President of the United States: Idris Elba
[idea by: Hena & Jackie]
AND ANDREW’S CHARACTER WOULD TOTALLY BE A LEGAL INTERN WHO FALLS IN LOVE WITH JESSE’S CHARACTER BUT THEN FINDS OUT THAT HE’S PART OF ANONYMOUS AND IS ALL CONFLICTED BUT IN THE END CHOOSES HIM AND THEY END UP BEING THE POWER COUPLE OF ANONYMOUS AND ANDREW WORKS ~ON THE INSIDE~
I WOULD WATCH THE SHIT OUT OF THIS JUST FOR BENEDICT AND RDJ BEING IN THE SAME MOVIE ALONE
Why you should be in passionate horny love with Elizabeth ‘Nellie Bly’ Cochrane
- Born in 1864/65, Elizabeth, one of 15 children, was always ‘the rebellious one’. Fierce as fuck from an early age, she testified against her abusive stepfather in her mother’s divorce trial.
- In 1880 she enrolled in a teacher-training college but had to leave after her first semester due to lack of funding - then moved to Pittsburgh to help run a goddamn boarding school.
- This is where we get to the good shit. Age 18, she wrote a letter-to-the-editor of the Pittsburgh Dispatch bitchslapping the everloving fuck out of a sexist ballsack of an article entitled ‘What Girls Are Good For’.
- The editor was so goddamn wooed by her razor-sharp tongue that he RAN AN AD asking her to identify herself. Elizabeth owned up, and was hired instantaneously, her badassery radiating from her pores and intoxicating all within a twenty mile radius.
- Working under the pen-name Nellie Bly, Elizabeth kicked the butts of morons everywhere, writing articles aimed at social justice, particularly labour laws to protect working ‘girls’ and reform of Pennsylvania’s divorce law, which greatly favoured men.
- Not content with changing the world from behind her desk, Elizabeth became a founding mother of investigative journalism. She was expelled from Mexico for exposing political corruption, and henceforth wrapped in cotton wool by her editors. Infuriated by their mollycoddling, Lizzie left them a note essentially telling them to fuck themselves and hot footed it to NYC. She was still only 23.
- Within six months she was hired by Joseph fucking Pulitzer himself, and continued her batshit crazy investigations uninhibited. Her very first assingment had her feigning mental illness to expose repulsive conditions in Blackwell’s Island Insane Asylum. Her cutting report was so fucking horrifying, compelling and persuasive that it triggered public and political action, leading to reform of the institution.
- In the next couple of years she had herself thrown in jail and hired by a sweatshop, all for shits and giggles. Oh, and to uncover incomprehensible injustice, cruelty, poverty, and the concealed, heinous treatment of the vulnerable and voiceless.
- But was pioneering journalism, social revolution and batshit badassery enough for our Liz? Like fuck it was. On a whim Nellie did what any self-respecting 25 year old woman in the 1800s would do - she emulated Jules Verne’s Around the World in Eighty Days, and did it in 72.
- Millions followed her journey, and its appeal to a semi-literate populace resulted in greatly increased newspaper readership. So while travelling the entire globe (IN THE 1800s, AS A WOMAN) by ship, train, burro and balloon, she helped the world to read.
- Having essentially conquered the entire goddamn universe before hitting 30, Nellie retired, and wed 72 year old industrialist Robert Seaman. Their marriage was a happy one, and after his death she took over Iron Clad Manufacturing Co.
- But Lizzie was a writer, what would she know about the metal industry? Well, she INVENTED the steel barrel that became the model for the widely used 55-gallon drum and turned her inherited businesses into multimillion-dollar companies, so apparently a fuck ton.
- Furthermore, she set a precedent for working conditions, ensuring her workers had good pay, gymnasiums, staffed libraries, and health care, all completely unheard of at the time, while still writing to further the plight of the Suffragette movement.
- Nellie may have died age 58 of pneumonia, but HBICs live on forever.
White Blank Page
starring: Rupert Grint, Rooney Mara, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman
song: White Blank Page, Mumford & Sons
Ricky (Alan Rickman) has one son, Robert (Rupert Grint), and has passed on his life of crime and deception onto his one protege. Ricky wants to do one more job, take the fortunes of a Mrs. Melanie Holbert (Helena Bonham Carter), a recent widow who managed to inherit her money from the tragic death of her husband. Heartbroken, her stepdaughter, Nico (Rooney Mara), comes to live with her. Ricky wines and dines Melanie, all the while, trying to convince her protective stepdaughter that he is a good man, but Nico can see through his scheme. It’s when she meets his son that she starts to doubt herself. It’s when Robert meets Nico that he starts to doubt his father’s plans. Robert must try to figure out what’s more important - the man who raised him and kept him alive with his scams, or the woman who is managing to make him realise there is more to life than taking money from others.
Synopsis meme suggested by itwasplainviewedatall.
“Hey guys, guys, hey, hey guys…guess who I am. No, no, seriously, guess.”
Genre Swap » The Social Network as Jersey Shore
“It’s flip-flop time!”
“Is Wardo there?”
“No, he died.”
“You don’t belong here. You don’t even look Jewish.”